[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40118: Clicking top level admin menu links on mobile does not take you to those sections

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 28 16:49:03 UTC 2017

#40118: Clicking top level admin menu links on mobile does not take you to those
sections
-----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  karmatosed       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
Changes (by steve1607):

 * keywords:  ux-feedback => has-ux-feedback
 * type:  defect (bug) => enhancement

Comment:

 Hi karmatosed,
 you are right, I can see the same behavior on my device. But I would
 suggest this behavior as totally fine. This solution has to be done in
 that way because you do not have a mouseover on mobile devices.

 The alternative solution with using quicklinks would have a downside:
 Navigating to a new page results in loading the new page and therefore
 closing the navigation panel.

 Now imagine you want to navigate to Posts->Add New. You would have to do
 the following steps with quicklinks:
 1. Open the navigation
 2. Click on the entry Posts
 3. Wait for the page to reload
 4. Open the navigation (again)
 5. Click on the entry Add New
 6. Wait for your target page to load

 While currently it works that way without quicklinks:
 1. Open the navigation
 2. Click on the entry Posts
 3. Click on the entry Add New
 4. Wait for your target page to load

 As you can see it is easier without the quicklinks on your mobile device
 to directly navigate to your target page due to the lack of mouseover
 effects.

 Do you agree on that or shall we try to think of another
 workaround/solution?

 Many regards,
 Steven

--