[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40289: Uploading 2 files with the same name but different casing, overwrites existing files

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 29 12:08:26 UTC 2017

#40289: Uploading 2 files with the same name but different casing, overwrites
existing files
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  quickim          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Changes (by subrataemfluence):

 * keywords:   => has-screenshots

Comment:

 I tried to reproduce your issue at my local but everything seems to work
 OK.

 Here is what I did:

 1. Downloaded two different images from google and named them as
 "everest.jpg" and "EVEREST.jpg"
 2. Uploaded "everest.jpg" directly to media library.
 3. Created a new post and this time selected "EVEREST.jpg" from media
 library and uploaded it
 4. Opened Media Library (admin) and I can see different images are showing
 up, i.e. everest.jpg and EVEREST.jpg are different as they should be.
 Please see screenshot.

 Let me know if I need to do something else in order to reproduce the exact
 issue. Otherwise I suspect some sort of caching issue is working in the
 background for you.

 Environment information:
 OS: Ubuntu 14.04
 WP version: 4.7.3
 Browser: Chrome (Version 57.0.2987.110 (64-bit))

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40289#comment:1>