[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40286: It appears to me that comments_open() is passing the wrong args to apply_filters

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 28 15:52:40 UTC 2017

#40286: It appears to me that comments_open() is passing the wrong args to
apply_filters
 Reporter:  sringwood     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments      |    Version:  4.7.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 The function comments_open() is passed one argument which may be null
 ($post_id) which is used to call get_post().  The function get_post() will
 use the current post if $post_id is null.

 The last line of the function comments_open() is

 return apply_filters( 'comments_open', $open, $post_id );

 Logically in the call it seems to me that $post_id (which may be null)
 should be $_post->ID to reflect the post returned by the call get_post().