[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40032: Automatic redirects with _wp_old_slug won't mantein GET parameters if present

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 4 15:05:28 UTC 2017

#40032: Automatic redirects with _wp_old_slug won't mantein GET parameters if
present
 Reporter:  DrLightman    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Permalinks    |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 If for example links come up with GET parameters, for example utm
 parameters for analytics, they get stripped before the redirect.

 post_name = 'new-slug'
 _wp_old_slug = 'old-slug'

 http://example.org/old-
 slug/?utm_source=test1&utm_medium=test2&utm_campaign=test3

 Wordpress will build the link for the redirect to the new slug without any
 GET parameter:

 http://example.org/new-slug/

 I think it should mantein them instead:

 http://example.org/new-
 slug/?utm_source=test1&utm_medium=test2&utm_campaign=test3

 I'm not even sure if this should be classified as a bug, if it's the
 correct behaviour or not. I'll let you judge.