[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41102: Deprecate current_user_can_for_blog() and replace it with current_user_can_for_site()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 20 16:42:11 UTC 2017

#41102: Deprecate current_user_can_for_blog() and replace it with
current_user_can_for_site()
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  pmbaldha      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by flixos90):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => maybelater
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Thanks for opening a ticket @pmbaldha!

 However, we currently have a policy in core to only deprecate functions
 and improve their naming if there are more severe reasons for deprecating,
 for example improving performance or other technical internals of the
 function. Even though better names would generally help, a simple rename
 of a function carries a higher burden on backward compatibility than its
 benefits would justify.

 We can revisit this once there is a more technical reason for the function
 to be deprecated, or in the case that we actually focus on renaming
 functions to follow the new conventions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41102#comment:1>