[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when writing” setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jun 16 11:44:24 UTC 2017

#40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when
writing” setting
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:
Changes (by skoen):

 * severity:  normal => major

Comment:

 I would say that this is a severe bug that actually breaks a lot of
 themes. This is Wordpress core team reverting the whole software back to
 being a blog and making people lean towards more themes that uses the
 preview editor. I second the opinion to have it at least select the Text
 version of the Widget first. That way the code doesn't break instantly
 which it does now. There are already several plugins to utilize a more
 visual based widget, why not make that into a core and let the «normal»
 text widget be just that, NORMAL text.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40960#comment:7>