[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40886: REST API: PUT requests fail on Nginx servers when fancy permalinks aren't enabled

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 15 12:28:04 UTC 2017

#40886: REST API: PUT requests fail on Nginx servers when fancy permalinks aren't
enabled
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Joen                      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 about a thousand other things that can go wrong.

 I'd pretty strongly argue that WordPress '''core''' should always only use
 GET/POST/HEAD and, as appropriate, the method overrides for any other
 methods. It's nice that the REST API server will accept PUT, DELETE, or
 what have you, but we can't expect servers to allow it. I wouldn't even
 wait for a 405, I'd just use the overrides.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40886#comment:5>