[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41453: Users with no role on a site on a multisite network see inaccessible links in the admin toolbar

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 26 23:58:25 UTC 2017

#41453: Users with no role on a site on a multisite network see inaccessible links
in the admin toolbar
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  new
Description changed by johnbillion:

Old description:

> Previously, for single site installations: #25162
>
> A user who is a member of a site on a multisite network but has no role
> on the site will encounter mostly the same problems as those which were
> fixed for single site users in #25162:
>
> * An immediate "You do not have sufficient permissions" error upon
> logging in.
> * An admin toolbar link to `My Sites`, which they cannot access.
> * An admin toolbar link to their profile, which they cannot edit.
> * An admin toolbar submenu link to the `Dashboard` of their site, which
> they cannot access.

New description:

 Previously, for single site installations: #25162

 A user who is a member of a site on a multisite network but has no role on
 the site will encounter mostly the same problems as those which were fixed
 for single site users in #25162:

 * An immediate "You do not have sufficient permissions" error upon logging
 in.
 * An admin toolbar link to `My Sites`, which they cannot access.
 * An admin toolbar link to their profile, which they cannot edit.
 * An admin toolbar submenu link to the `Dashboard` of their site, which
 they cannot access.
 * A link to the `Dashboard` from `My Sites`, which they cannot access (if
 they're a member of at least one site with a role).

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41453#comment:1>