[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40886: REST API: PUT requests fail on Nginx servers when fancy permalinks aren't enabled

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 24 11:02:41 UTC 2017

#40886: REST API: PUT requests fail on Nginx servers when fancy permalinks aren't
enabled
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Joen                             |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by pento):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-unit-tests => has-patch has-unit-tests commit
 * owner:   => pento
 * status:  new => assigned
 * milestone:  Future Release => 4.8.1

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:6 jnylen0]:
 > Though isn't it only needed for certain permalink structures?  Unless I
 am missing something, the current patch reads as though it will add
 `index.php` to pretty permalinks as well.

 is ''not'' set.

 Unless anyone has further ideological problems with continuing Core's
 practice of quietly handling odd server behaviour as it crops up, I'm
 going to sneak this into 4.8.1 tomorrow, because bugging out while testing
 feature projects does not make for useful feedback.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40886#comment:9>