[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41314: If the required fields are not save on user save, every field's value will be dropped

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 19 19:49:56 UTC 2017

#41314: If the required fields are not save on user save, every field's value will
be dropped
 Reporter:  jackjohansson            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
  bug                                |  administration

Comment (by psykro):

 Replying to [comment:5 jackjohansson]:
 > Replying to [comment:4 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > > Related: #27606
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > The related ticket purposes a patch on the server side. However the
 issue is still standing (see the linked question).

 > Is a front-end solution possible in this case as @swissspidy mentioned?
 I've already coded a script that validates the form before sending
 (including extra fields added by user). If so, should I push it forward?
 I'd say if you have a patch that solves the problem, go ahead and submit
 it

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41314#comment:7>