[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3 no longer available Sept 2017

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 18 13:18:07 UTC 2017

#41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3  no longer available
Sept 2017
------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  netweb                        |       Owner:  jnylen0
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by jnylen0):

 Replying to [comment:14 netweb]:
 > I've not looked at any of the above and per the Travis CI issue it
 wasn't just the compiling PHP binaries:

 > > From what I recall, PHPUnit can no longer be installed via PEAR, which
 I believe is the only means by which it can be installed on PHP 5.2 and
 5.3

 Probably worth discussing on that GitHub issue too, but this isn't very
 difficult to fix either: just download a `.phar` archive of the desired
 version to `/some/bin/dir/phpunit` and mark it executable.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41292#comment:18>