[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3 no longer available Sept 2017

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 18 12:30:42 UTC 2017

#41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3  no longer available
Sept 2017
------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  netweb                        |       Owner:  jnylen0
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by jnylen0):

 After fixing the immediate issue here, a potentially lighter-weight
 alternative to Docker would be to use [https://github.com/phpbrew/phpbrew
 phpbrew] to build PHP 5.2, then use [https://docs.travis-
 ci.com/user/caching/#Arbitrary-directories Travis' built-in caching
 mechanism] to avoid doing this on every build.  We'll probably want to
 make use of that caching either way.

 If we try to build our own PHP 5.2, here are a couple of
 configurations/patches that we will proably need to apply:

 - `undefined reference to symbol blahblahblah openssl`:
 https://github.com/phpbrew/phpbrew/issues/111#issuecomment-173811458
 - `ext/dom/node.c: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type`:
 https://github.com/phpbrew/phpbrew/issues/249#issuecomment-58273934 /
 https://github.com/phpbrew/phpbrew/wiki/TroubleShooting#error-
 dereferencing-pointer-to-incomplete-type

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41292#comment:13>