[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17698: Nav menu "Add to menu" buttons should be disabled if they're actually non-functional

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 17 21:08:44 UTC 2017

#17698: Nav menu "Add to menu" buttons should be disabled if they're actually non-
functional
 Reporter:  mitchoyoshitaka                      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |  koopersmith
                                                 |  Resolution:
                                                 |     Focuses:  ui,
                                                 |  accessibility
Changes (by xkon):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-refresh ux-feedback => has-patch ux-feedback
     needs-testing
 * focuses:  ui => ui, accessibility

Comment:

 Updated the diff ( '''17698.1.diff''' ) to the current js file. Also
 changed it a bit to also have the `Select All` working by
 enabling/disabling the Add To Menu accordingly.

 An extra thing I want to point out is that as the page doesn't refresh the
 `Add to Menu` button will stay enabled after a user adds a page. This is
 nice because the user won't lose focus off that button so it's easier to
 tab back and forth to add more pages if he wishes instead of tabbing all
 the way back to the Accordion menu.

 Need some feedback from the `accessibility` team as well to tell me what
 they think about the button staying active after the page is added.

 Best regards,
 Konstantinos

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17698#comment:9>