[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41166: .htaccess config should not be shown on network setup screen when Nginx is in use

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 17 21:01:44 UTC 2017

#41166: .htaccess config should not be shown on network setup screen when Nginx is
in use
 Reporter:  johnbillion              |       Owner:  lipathor
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  patch                              |  multisite
Changes (by flixos90):

 * owner:   => lipathor
 * status:  new => assigned
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Thanks for the patch @lipathor! There are only a few suggestions I'd like
 to make:

 * I agree that a link makes more sense than inserting an nginx config file
 there, since that is much bigger and more complicated than the `.htaccess`
 snippet. I think it would be a neat improvement though if we could point
 the link to the relevant section on the Codex page automatically:
     * If a subdirectory setup is being created, append
 `#WordPress_Multisite_Subdirectory_rules`
     * If a subdomain setup is being created, append anchor
 `#WordPress_Multisite_subdomains_rules`
 * The check for whether the current setup is using nginx, can be
 simplified by using the `$is_nginx` global that WordPress sets up.
 * The location of the comment `// end iis7_supports_permalinks().
 construct an htaccess file instead:` needs to be adjusted since it doesn't
 make sense where it's currently at.

 I'm assigning this to you to mark this ticket as claimed. :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41166#comment:4>