[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when writing” setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 2 05:59:08 UTC 2017

#40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when
writing” setting
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter            |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by emmtre):

 Replying to [comment:23 azaozz]:
 > Replying to [comment:18 FolioVision]:
 >
 > How did you count them? I'd say they are "tens of sites" where the users
 had followed some not-so-great advice to add some not-so-great html, and
 then attempt to edit these hacks. :)

 I'm amazed by such ignorance by core committers to justify a bad decision
 from the beginning. There are at least several hundred thousands of sites
 using widgets for forms, call for actions, footers, etc where the layout
 now are broken. And we are disabling TinyMCE for all users in all sites we
 are building since we are using a very strict layout policy with
 structured css. I'm sorry but you have to listen and understand why people
 are upset about this change nobody asked for.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40960#comment:26>