[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12104: 'moderate_comments' capability by itself should grant the user the permission to See/Edit all comments from the Comments menu.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 31 08:06:52 UTC 2017

#12104: 'moderate_comments' capability by itself should grant the user the
permission to See/Edit all comments from the Comments menu.
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  sillybean                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by jlambe):

 We're really looking at this ticket and hope it will be merged somehow in
 core.

 Another case for comments specific capabilities is that we just want a
 granular control of what a WP_User can access inside the WordPress admin.
 We do have projects where people just want to post articles but don't want
 to activate the comments. From their feedback, it's cumbersome for them to
 still see or be able to access a "Comments" page from the Admin because we
 can't remove the "edit_posts" capability from their role but removing the
 "moderate_comments" cap do not help as it doesn't control the page and
 menu display for the comments.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12104#comment:37>