[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39645: If user "admin" doesn't exist (renamed admin account) users can create a user with username admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 29 22:51:50 UTC 2017

#39645: If user "admin" doesn't exist (renamed admin account) users can create a
user with username admin
 Reporter:  jobst         |       Owner:

Comment (by jobst):

 Replying to [comment:3 Presskopp]:
 > I wonder if there are living people called 'Admin'?
 >
 > http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Admin
 >
 > 2c

 @Presskopp, the problem is the username "admin" is the default
 administrator username and someone being called "Admin" as first name is
 rather seldom. I'd rather have the core return "not exist" then adding CPU
 cycles checking the password and returning "username and/or password
 incorrect".

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39645#comment:5>