[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39721: load[]= is being injected in the middle of handles for the load-scripts.php query string.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 27 15:03:47 UTC 2017

#39721: load[]= is being injected in the middle of handles for the load-scripts.php
query string.
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  roblesterjr                     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |     Status:  new
Component:  Script Loader                   |    Version:  4.7.2
 Severity:  normal                          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, javascript, administration  |
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 We found this issue while troubleshooting why the admin panel did not work
 while being passed through the Fastly service. For some reason, the issue
 doesn't cause any issues when used normally, but when passed through
 fastly, it causes the scripts not to be brought in.

 This code:

 {{{
 $concat = str_split( $concat, 128 );
                 $concat = 'load%5B%5D=' . implode( '&load%5B%5D=', $concat
 );
 }}}

 Found at line 1146 in script-loader.php looks to be unnecessary. When I
 comment it out, and just prepend load[]= to the $concat value, the admin
 scripts load fine without the extra injection.

 Here is an example of what i'm finding in the query string:

 {{{
 jquery-ui-widget,jq&load%5B%5D=uery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable
 }}}

 We'd love it if you would address this. Thank you.