[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39430: Customize: sections and panels that are open and become inactive should be closed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 21 23:57:15 UTC 2017

#39430: Customize: sections and panels that are open and become inactive should be
closed
-----------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new
Description changed by westonruter:

Old description:

> If you have a section open with an active callback that's true, then
> navigate to a page where it isn't active, the section remains open. Since
> it's no longer intended to be available, it should be collapsed as soon
> as it becomes inactive if it's currently expanded.

New description:

 If you have a section open with an active callback that's true, then
 navigate to a page where it isn't active, the section remains open. Since
 it's no longer intended to be available, it should be collapsed as soon as
 it becomes inactive if it's currently expanded.

 ----

 If a panel or section has an `active_callback` set, and if the panel or
 section is expanded, when a user navigates from previewing a URL where the
 `active_callback` returns true to one where it returns `false`, these the
 non-contextual panel or section remain expanded unexpectedly. If you
 collapse the panel or section to go to the root you then see that the
 references to the panel/section are hidden.

 I believe this is a regression introduced in #34391, as I'm sure that the
 panels would collapse automatically when de-activated in the past.

 Video depicting the problem: https://youtu.be/h1kaRLn7A8g
 Plugin that reproduces the problem as used in the video:
 https://gist.github.com/westonruter/4a4c378c750cb5432ecaf88f5d9ba539

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39430#comment:4>