[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39663: Customize: Sections and panels fail to collapse when non-contextual (inactive)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 21 22:42:51 UTC 2017

#39663: Customize: Sections and panels fail to collapse when non-contextual
(inactive)
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:
Description changed by westonruter:

Old description:

> If a panel or section has an `active_callback` set, and if the panel or
> section is expanded, when a user navigates from previewing a URL where
> the `active_callback` returns true to one where it returns `false`, these
> the non-contextual panel or section remain expanded unexpectedly. If you
> collapse the panel or section to go to the root you then see that the
> references to the panel/section are hidden.
>
> I believe this is a regression introduced in #34391, as I'm sure that the
> panels would collapse automatically when de-activated in the past.

New description:

 If a panel or section has an `active_callback` set, and if the panel or
 section is expanded, when a user navigates from previewing a URL where the
 `active_callback` returns true to one where it returns `false`, these the
 non-contextual panel or section remain expanded unexpectedly. If you
 collapse the panel or section to go to the root you then see that the
 references to the panel/section are hidden.

 I believe this is a regression introduced in #34391, as I'm sure that the
 panels would collapse automatically when de-activated in the past.

 Video depicting the problem: https://youtu.be/h1kaRLn7A8g
 Plugin that reproduces the problem as used in the video:
 https://gist.github.com/westonruter/4a4c378c750cb5432ecaf88f5d9ba539

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39663#comment:1>