[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39629: Changelog for plugins not showing latest when viewing from plugins admin modal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 19 11:00:07 UTC 2017

#39629: Changelog for plugins not showing latest when viewing from plugins admin
modal
--------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  cavalierlife        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new
Changes (by dd32):

 * component:  Plugins => WordPress.org site
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => WordPress.org

Comment:

 > However, I believe I may have found the source of the problem (for
 Jetpack, at least). It seems we forgot to update Stable tag here. We
 updated it in trunk, but not in the tag. Could that cause the API to look
 for the changelog in the wrong place, maybe?

 Nah, nothing Jetpack did caused it. I can easily duplicate it, and It's
 affecting most plugins updated in the last week or so from what I can
 gather.
 The tagged readme having the incorrect stable tag doesn't affect anything,
 the value is effectively ignored.

 I'm not sure why it's just started happening - no related code changes
 have been made - other than perhaps some PHP7 compat changes, which may
 have affected it. I couldn't see any immediate causes though, but didn't
 look too closely.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39629#comment:7>