[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21492: Theme customizer > Static front page: missing error message when front page and posts pages are similar

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 19 11:34:07 UTC 2017

#21492: Theme customizer > Static front page: missing error message when front page
and posts pages are similar
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  hd-J                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by karmatosed):

 I think we shouldn't allow them to select it if we warn them. I'm trying
 to think of a use case where it would be something you'd want - I can't
 think of one. If we can't find one, then it should not allow selection.

 Looking at the video, we probably want to iterate on the message a little.
 Perhaps 'Your posts and front page should not be the same'.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21492#comment:22>