[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33148: Categories are missing in admin category list when child category linked to non-existant parent id

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 17 18:40:26 UTC 2017

#33148: Categories are missing in admin category list when child category linked to
non-existant parent id
 Reporter:  ShawnLunny    |       Owner:

Comment (by dlh):

 I too am unable to replicate this bug through the normal routes for
 deleting terms.

 I'm sympathetic to the bad user experience that results when a term is
 orphaned, especially because the children of the orphaned term disappear
 from the list table, too. But because there doesn't seem to be an issue in
 core, there are ways to restore the term's parent (like the fix described
 in the original SO post), and there doesn't seem to be a lot of traction
 with figuring out how the list table would support this case, perhaps this
 issue could be closed for now in favor of encouraging developers to use
 the core deletion functions?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33148#comment:7>