[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37166: Correct way of rendering an wp_editor outside of the basic browser request cycle

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 13 12:41:12 UTC 2017

#37166: Correct way of rendering an wp_editor outside of the basic browser request
cycle
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  andreiglingeanu  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by andreiglingeanu):

 @azaozz Thanks for looking into that!

 Hey, I'm sorry for late reply to this thread!

 But, in the meantime the hacks I used to do some time ago turn out be
 pretty stable. We shipped it live in this
 [plugin](https://wordpress.org/plugins/unyson/) and we received no
 problems other than some `autop` glitches, which are easily fixed. That is
 8months of stable usage with 50k+ installs for Unyson. This shit is
 working pretty fine :)

 I haven't really looked for ways to improve the situation with `wp_editor`
 for plugin editors because I'm not sure how to deal with backwards
 compatible changes and I'm really afraid to break anything in the core.

 For now, it looks like I'm fine with what we currently have but I may come
 with more changes, as requirements will arise.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37166#comment:3>