[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39128: Customize: Preview fails to load when domain mapping in use (home/siteurl domain mismatch)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 4 16:04:01 UTC 2017

#39128: Customize: Preview fails to load when domain mapping in use (home/siteurl
domain mismatch)
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  RomainVB      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mikewagz):

 @westonruter - Here's some details:

 - Our multisite install is at hosting.mydomain.com, using subdomains.  I
 dropped the latest unzipped Wordpress version in and did this in wp-
 config:

 {{{
 /* Multisite */
 define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
 // Multisite config
 define('MULTISITE', true);
 define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true);
 define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'hosting.mydomain.com');
 define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
 define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
 define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
 }}}

 - The admin is accessed at hosting.mydomain.com/wp-admin

 - Sub-sites are accessible (and the customizer functions as expected) via
 demo.hosting.mydomain.com.  We are not yet mapping other domains to our
 sub-sites.

 If it matters, we have a couple DNS records at play here to act as catch-
 alls for our unassigned subdomains:

 {{{
           A     hosting      <IP ADDRESS OF OUR HOST>
 CNAME     *.hosting    hosting.mydomain.com
 CNAME     *                 hosting.mydomain.com
 CNAME     www          <Heroku DNS URL>
 }}}

 We have a Rails app running on our www subdomain and will be using a
 couple other subdomains (ie dev.mydomain.com) for some sub-sites.

 Hopefully that helps, let me know if I can get you anything else.  Thank
 you!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39128#comment:51>