[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42957: Usernames ending in a period generate invalid reset password links in certain email clients

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 21 18:46:32 UTC 2017

#42957: Usernames ending in a period generate invalid reset password links in
certain email clients
 Reporter:  paulcline     |       Owner:

Comment (by obrienlabs):

 It looks like this type of email can be sent out in 2 scenarios that I can
 find.

 1. New user email with a link to access their account
 2. Password reset.

 I can confirm that both are broken for me in GMail, too. When clicking the
 link in GMail I get invalid token. I tested with the thick Outlook client
 and outlook.com webmail and both of those worked fine. Seems isolated to
 GMail. Given how many people use gmail this seems like a good one to fix.

 Your initial patch fixed the Reset Password process with a test user.

 Could you update the patch for the new user email process as well?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42957#comment:3>