[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42578: PHP functions inside <p> tags creates new <p> tag, breaking the parent tag into two.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 15 09:47:19 UTC 2017

#42578: PHP functions inside <p> tags creates new <p> tag, breaking the parent tag
into two.
-----------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  karthikeyankc                      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                       |      Status:  new

Comment (by williampatton):

 Are we looking at a likely chance of reverting this change?

 Since this was implimented I have been undertaking the grueling tasks of
 trying to find all affected authors and notify them when there themes
 usage has been affected. There are several hundred themes affected in the
 directory including at least 1 core theme.

 If this is to be reverted I can stop doing that but if not then I'll need
 to confine reaching out to all those authors and informing them.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42578#comment:15>