[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42893: Problem with my website that is not responding anymore, wp super cache and wp-config

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 13 15:27:10 UTC 2017

#42893: Problem with my website that is not responding anymore, wp super cache and
wp-config
 Reporter:  ronnankry                            |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |     Status:  new
Component:  General                              |  Review
 Severity:  normal                               |    Version:
  Focuses:  accessibility, javascript,           |   Keywords:
  administration                                 |
 Hello,

 I tried to reach my website this morning but couldn't.

 When i get into mywebsite.com/wp-admin, i had this message at the top

 "Warning! WP Super Cache caching was broken but has been fixed! The script
 advanced-cache.php could not load wp-cache-phase1.php.

 The file \\SMB-WHST-WWW31\WHST_WWW31$\0f677ebf3.hostnd\htdocs\www/wp-
 content/advanced-cache.php has been recreated and WPCACHEHOME fixed in
 your wp-config.php. Reload to hide this message."

 I went to my wp super cache page and then another message appears
 "Attention ! \\SMB-WHST-WWW31\WHST_WWW31$\0f677ebf3.hostnd\htdocs\www/wp-
 content peut être écrit !

 Vous devriez modifier les permissions sur \\SMB-WHST-
 WWW31\WHST_WWW31$\0f677ebf3.hostnd\htdocs\www/wp-content et les rendre
 plus restrictives. Utilisez votre client FTP, ou la commande ci-dessous,
 pour résoudre ces choses : chmod 755 \\SMB-WHST-
 WWW31\WHST_WWW31$\0f677ebf3.hostnd\htdocs\www/wp-content/
 This page explains how to change file permissions."

 I clicked ont he link as it said and it says that i need to desactivate wp
 super cache, delete the cache pages, then uninstall it and install it
 again.

 The problem is that when i just want to to delete the cache pages, i have
 a new page that is coming and this message

 "Warning! You must set WP_CACHE and WPCACHEHOME in your wp-config.php for
 this plugin to work correctly:
 define( 'WP_CACHE', true );
 define( 'WPCACHEHOME', '\\SMB-WHST-
 WWW31\WHST_WWW31$\0f677ebf3.hostnd\htdocs\www\wp-content\plugins\wp-super-
 cache' );"

 I tried to do everything they said, went into my ftp server changed
 everything but nothing is working

 Any help please