[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42834: Doc mismatch between developer. and codex., codex appears to be more correct

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 8 05:01:35 UTC 2017

#42834: Doc mismatch between developer. and codex., codex appears to be more
correct
 Reporter:  kluny         |       Owner:

Comment (by joemcgill):

 Hi @kluny,

 The descriptions on https://developer.wordpress.org/ is automatically
 parsed from the inline docs in the code, which in this case can be found
 at https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/4.9/src/wp-
 includes/theme.php#L741. We could improve the online documentation by
 adding an additional description to the inline docs for this hook, in
 order to make the use more clear.

 Alternately, user contributed notes can be added at the end of each
 documentation page. In this case, it looks like there is a user supplied
 example, which states "This hook is useful while deactivating a theme."
 While close, I don't think that clearly communicates "why" it's useful
 while deactivating a theme, so additional details would be helpful.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42834#comment:1>