[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42758: Wp Cron, major issue by removing the apply_filter when wp_cron() is trigged.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 1 00:59:38 UTC 2017

#42758: Wp Cron, major issue by removing the apply_filter when wp_cron() is
trigged.
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  ajami         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by dd32):

 * status:  new => closed
 * version:  4.9.1 =>
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * severity:  blocker => normal
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hi @ajami

 I'm not sure I follow your ticket.
 No filters have been removed from WordPress in the cron system recently,
 infact,
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset?old_path=%2Fbranches%2F4.0%2Fsrc
 %2Fwp-includes%2Fcron.php&old=42343&new_path=%2Fbranches%2F4.9%2Fsrc%2Fwp-
 includes%2Fcron.php&new=42343&sfp_email=&sfph_mail= here's all the changes
 to the file since WordPress 4.0].

 Based on your addition of a hook to be run in cron.php, I'm going to
 assume you're having issues with cron running - Cron runs through the use
 of a loopback HTTP request which kicks off a new PHP process which the
 crons run in.
 The code you've altered calls `spawn_cron()` which then loads
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-cron.php#L98 and the
 action gets triggered there.

 If you're having cron spawning problems, Trac is not a support avenue and
 I'd recommend the [https://wordpress.org/support/ Support Forums].
 I'm closing this report as cron hasn't had any major changes in the last 3
 years, there's been no other reports of cron issues, and I've personally
 been using it since the release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42758#comment:2>