[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30277: Split up Customizer JS into separate files and remove self-booting jQuery.ready call

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 18 22:04:17 UTC 2017

#30277: Split up Customizer JS into separate files and remove self-booting
jQuery.ready call
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:19 westonruter]:
 > I think this makes the most sense to be done as part of a Customizer
 rewrite, perhaps in a feature plugin powered by the new
 [https://github.com/WP-API/wp-api-customize-endpoints endpoints] and
 making use of React or Vue to power the UI, while naturally maintaining
 the same Customize JS API.

 As long as this is entirely an "internal" rewrite and the JS API remains
 fully backwards-compatible, I can get behind this idea. That would
 definitely be the best time to restructure files. I am somewhat skeptical
 of full backwards compatibility being achievable with such a rewrite, but
 that's the primary requirement that we would need to consider in such a
 project.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30277#comment:20>