[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41582: styling HTML5 <progress> according to admin user's chosen admin-color scheme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 9 21:42:06 UTC 2017

#41582: styling HTML5 <progress> according to admin user's chosen admin-color
scheme
----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  pbiron          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by pbiron):

 Replying to [comment:6 JDTrower]:
 > Using the $highlight-color from the various colors.scss files

 Thanx!!!

 The only color scheme that I don't think `$highlight-color` works for is
 `light`...and that just might be a problem with that color scheme.  For
 all the other color schemes, `$highlight-color` is the same as `$menu-
 highlight-background` but that is not the case in `light`.  So, for
 `light` I think `<progress>` should use `$menu-highlight-background`.

 Also, I'm not a fan of the black background for the unfilled part of
 `<progress>` in your pen, largely because none of the browser defaults
 uses it.  I prefer a

 I like the rest of your styling.  I've updated my
 [[http://fiddlesalad.com/html/html-progress-element-example/|fiddle]] with
 the modified version of your styling.

 > If using the $highlight-color works for the progress bars, and the
 decision is to go ahead and add this to core ahead of the improved WP
 importer being released and the improved WP exporter being added to core,
 I can work on a patch to add the CSS to core.  Otherwise, I can hold off.

 For now, I think you can hold off.  I'll include the styling from my
 fiddle in the importer & exporter rewrites and we'll see how it is
 received...and as they get closer to final, then we can consider whether
 to merge into core.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41582#comment:7>