[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41582: styling HTML5 <progress> according to admin user's chosen admin-color scheme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 7 21:27:27 UTC 2017

#41582: styling HTML5 <progress> according to admin user's chosen admin-color
scheme
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pbiron              |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 By default, each browser applies their own styling to HTML5's
 [[https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/forms.html#the-progress-element|<progress>]]
 element; e.g.,

 * Chrome uses`#7baaf7`
 * Firefox uses `#06b025`
 * IE11 & Edge use `#369aca`
 * I **think** Opera uses the same color as Chrome, but since I don't have
 it installed I can't be sure

 Try the following [[http://fiddlesalad.com/html/html-progress-element-
 example/|fiddle]] in various browsers to see it in action.

 It would be nice if the various `/wp-admin/css/colors/xxx/colors.css`
 contained rules to style HTML5's `<progress>` element [1] according to the
 admin user's currently selected admin-color scheme.

 As far as I know, `<progress>` is not currently used in Core.  However,
 the [[https://github.com/humanmade/WordPress-Importer|WordPress Importer
 Redux]] started by @rmccue plugin does.