[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40496: get_the_terms() doesn't respect register_taxonomy()'s 'orderby' => 'term_order'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 21 15:57:21 UTC 2017

#40496: get_the_terms() doesn't respect register_taxonomy()'s 'orderby' =>
'term_order'
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch needs-testing

Comment:

 Yes, totally my fault. This argument merging was omitted when
 `wp_get_object_terms()` was refactored to use `WP_Term_Query`.

 In my (lame) defense, I had no idea that this weird feature existed - it
 was introduced in [7520], doesn't appear to be documented anywhere, and is
 a pattern I've never seen used elsewhere in WordPress. It's not the worst
 idea to have taxonomy-specific query arguments (or post types, for that
 matter!), but perhaps we should advertise it better.

 argument-merging from pre-4.7. @danielbachhuber Care to have a look?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40496#comment:2>