[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open it automatically

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 10 12:35:39 UTC 2017

#37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open
it automatically
 Reporter:  melchoyce                            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |  westonruter
  fixed-major                                    |     Focuses:  ui,
                                                 |  administration
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"40402"]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="40402"
 Customize: Auto-expand a widget area section when expanding the Widgets
 panel if there is only one registered sidebar and it is active.

 Introduces WP_Customize_Panel::$auto_expand_sole_section property which
 allows panels to opt-in to the behavior, which the Widgets panel is made
 to do by default.

 Props delawski, westonruter, melchoyce.
 Fixes #37471.

 Merges [40395] to the 4.7 branch.