[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38114: Make it easier to visualize where to put your content in a given theme (aka "dummy content")

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 27 19:26:44 UTC 2016

#38114: Make it easier to visualize where to put your content in a given theme (aka
"dummy content")
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  helen           |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by iandstewart):

 I wanted to doublecheck on in my reading of this.

 > This content should not be injected into the database
 — helen

 > the dummy content that hasn't been customized would need to be written
 to the database to ensure that what the preview shows when you "save and
 publish" is what the front end would then show
 — celloexpressions

 In the former idea it's preview only and, while the latter idea is only
 one option for dealing with the content, it sounds like an expansion that
 would potentially help set up someone's site, though the scope would be a
 bit wider there.

 Is the idea here only to provide consistent previewing of a theme's
 potential? Or also to use that content to directly help with setup beyond
 being an example when a site is "fresh" without any edits beyond an about
 page and a Hello World post.

 > I've seen many themes where blogging is not a focus at all. I never
 assume we're working only with blog themes.

 +1. A peek at the latest tab in the directory highlights how valuable it
 would be just to be able to sync up previews with theme demos.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38114#comment:8>