[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35395: Provide a better gateway for code-based theme customizations with the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 26 08:39:44 UTC 2016

#35395: Provide a better gateway for code-based theme customizations with the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:  johnregan3
     Type:  feature request                      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by ThemeZee):

 Replying to [comment:41 azaozz]:
 > This is not a "CSS Editor". I don't even thing such editors exist. The
 closest to an editor is the "console" in the browser. It shows the HTML on
 one side and the CSS on the other. It also shows the current styles and
 selectors, has autocomplete, error highlighting, instant preview, and so
 on. I don't think the customizer can come even close.

 Bad choice of words, sorry. As I understood this ticket it is not about
 creating a complete Editor which shows current styles and selectors and
 allows to edit them directly, but a simple Textarea field where users can
 paste CSS snippets. Nothing more. I just used the term CSS Editor because
 of the existing Theme Editor term.

 @BinaryMoon Couldn't have said it better, I agree with everything.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35395#comment:44>