[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34391: Harden panel/section UI code by removing contents from being logically nested (read: goodbye margin-top hacks)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 24 05:23:25 UTC 2016

#34391: Harden panel/section UI code by removing contents from being logically
nested (read: goodbye margin-top hacks)
-----------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter      |       Owner:  delawski
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 We need to render panels' content when the container isn't detached. This
 is fixed by the latest patch on #37661 and not worth breaking out
 separately and cross-coordinating with the other patch again since that's
 most likely the only instance where it will break currently in existence.

 However, I'm reopening this ticket for tracking so that we can ensure we
 pick it up regardless of the other ticket's status. We'd likely commit
 this fix separately from that feature, but it doesn't make sense to hinder
 testing on that project in the meantime by rushing this change in here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34391#comment:54>