[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38095: From admin > posts > all posts > search for "localhost" > screen turns blank

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 19 16:51:49 UTC 2016

#38095: From admin > posts > all posts > search for "localhost" > screen turns
blank
 Reporter:  TorontoBoy    |       Owner:

Comment (by TorontoBoy):

 I deactivated all my plugins but kept my theme and the problem
 disappeared, i.e, the search came back with the expected results, in the
 admin screen.

 When I say a blank screen I mean nothing on the screen, no results, no
 admin screen, no error, just nothing. I've added a screen cap.

 Ok, I don't know what to do now. Maybe it is my issue? I have tested 2
 other sites I admin and they have the same issue.

 ...Disabled all plugins, changed to Twentysixteen theme and problem went
 away. Use Opera instead of Firefox and I get a "Access to Dontai.com was
 denied. You do not have authorization to view this page" when I search for
 "localhost". Tested each plugin, one at a time, and the problem was Bad
 BlockQueries (BBQ). Disable this plugin, reenable all the others and the
 problem goes away. Enable the BBQ plugin and the problem reappears.

 ....On a second site, further testing reveals that by Block Bad Queries
 (BBQ) plugin is the culprit. When I deactivate it, reactivate all my other
 plugins, leave my theme alone, I do not get the error.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38095#comment:2>