[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37819: _load_textdomain_just_in_time() is really not nice with alternative translations

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 19 07:14:46 UTC 2016

#37819: _load_textdomain_just_in_time() is really not nice with alternative
translations
 Reporter:  imath                     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new
Changes (by imath):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-unit-tests => has-patch has-unit-tests

Comment:

 Sorry to insist on this ticket @swissspidy @ocean90 but i really think
 this issue should be fixed.

 So i'm adding some other files to this ticket:
 - 37819.fixRefreshed.diff is a refreshed version to latest trunk of my
 initial patch
 - 37819.unittestOnly.diff only contains a unit test so that you can see
 without the fix applied the issue (3rd assertion will fail).
 - 37819.fix&unittest.diff contains the unit test and the fix and you'll
 see that all assertions are then Ok.
 - mofiles.tar contains the mo files i had to create to build the unit
 test.

 I had to edit the dummy plugin so that it includes a new string. I wanted
 to show you that the patch not only fixes custom language packs loading
 but also why it is imho a real improvement for user.

 You'll see that the custom language pack doesn't include one of the
 string, it's on purpose. It's to show that even if a custom language pack
 has not been updated, the string will keep on being translated for the
 user as the languages/plugin.mo is not unloaded but the custom mo is
 merged with it for the strings that are in common.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37819#comment:2>