[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38068: Add filters to wp_new_user_notification and wp_password_change_notification

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 15 15:19:05 UTC 2016

#38068: Add filters to wp_new_user_notification and
wp_password_change_notification
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  pbearne                             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                         |      Status:  new
                                                |     Focuses:
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------

Comment (by kraftbj):

 Howdy! Thanks for the patch. It's easier for folks to apply/test patches
 if they are created from the svn root, so the full path (e.g. `src/wp-
 includes/pluggable.php` etc) is part of the patch.

 I like this—makes it easier to customize these without having to totally
 duplicate the functions.

 That said, being in pluggable.php, these functions can be wholly
 overwritten by plugins, making the filters unavailable. I don't see this
 done in other filters in pluggable.php, but would it makes sense to denote
 that in the inline documentation?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38068#comment:2>