[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38013: Static Front Page section/controls should be contextual and allow assignment to page stubs

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 11 18:19:37 UTC 2016

#38013: Static Front Page section/controls should be contextual and allow
assignment to page stubs
-----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter      |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * milestone:  Future Release => 4.7

Comment:

 We should tackle this in 4.7 to build on the ability to make page stubs
 with menus. Ideally, we'd be able to use the same functions and primarily
 focus work here on integrating it with this particular UI. This is also
 important for Twenty Seventeen.

 It sounds like we can take [attachment:38013.0.diff] and add an additional
 control to add a new page (perhaps matching the UI from menus with a
 visible input + button, with the button adding to the select element and
 hiding the input).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38013#comment:3>