[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38019: Notify site admin when domain or IP changes and Search Engine Visibilty is set to off

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 10 19:13:24 UTC 2016

#38019: Notify site admin when domain or IP changes and Search Engine Visibilty is
set to off
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  vaniivan        |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
 It would be very valuable to me (and some other wp folks too) if I could
 get an '''email notification''' when a site is moved from '''localhost'''
 or '''staging''' to '''production''' site and '''Search Engine
 Visibility''' is set to '''Discourage'''.

 It could be as easy as setting two options, domain and ip and checking
 them in some hook. If not matching and SEO off - send email.

 The possibility of a misfire and an occasional nag is well worth the SEO
 points, or so the SEO guys say.