[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17771: URL-encoded comment_author_url gets broken by MySQL varchar 200 length limit

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 9 05:15:46 UTC 2016

#17771: URL-encoded comment_author_url gets broken by MySQL varchar 200 length
limit
 Reporter:  tenpura              |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect (bug)         |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by dshanske):

 I'm wondering if the best solution isn't to start storing the pingback URL
 in comment meta by default for new pingbacks and only check
 comment_author_url if the meta key doesn't exist. I'm worried about the
 backcompat implications.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17771#comment:14>