[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30741: Build-out API for adding Customizer Panels, Sections, and Controls entirely with JS

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 3 22:46:24 UTC 2016

#30741: Build-out API for adding Customizer Panels, Sections, and Controls entirely
with JS
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Currently, to remove a control you need to do both
 `control.container.remove();` and `api.control.remove( control.id );`. We
 should create a shortcut where `control.remove();` self-destructs. Panels
 and sections should have similar approaches that also delete children, and
 we also need to revisit adding controls in JS here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30741#comment:16>