[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38490: Add settings to the `/wp/v2/settings` endpoint that are in the WordPress.com api

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 27 00:45:17 UTC 2016

#38490: Add settings to the `/wp/v2/settings` endpoint that are in the
WordPress.com api
-----------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  joehoyle                     |       Owner:  rachelbaker
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by jnylen0):

 As discussed in Slack, the remaining settings are read-only via the WP.com
 settings API.  We should look carefully before adding more - for example,
 `gmt_offset` is automatically calculated from `timezone_offset` (via
 [https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/e4a7c0a/wp-includes/default-
 filters.php#L334 `pre_option_gmt_offset`] and
 [https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/e4a7c0a/wp-
 includes/functions.php#L4430-L4450 `wp_timezone_override_offset`]).

 Should we add an easier way to include settings as read-only?  If so, how
 can clients know whether or not they can write to a given setting?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38490#comment:10>