[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38426: Twenty Seventeen: Improve user and developer experience with the customizer integration

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 24 23:17:42 UTC 2016

#38426: Twenty Seventeen: Improve user and developer experience with the customizer
integration
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  testing ui-feedback ux-feedback                |

Comment (by davidakennedy):

 Replying to [comment:10 celloexpressions]:

 Thanks for the thoughtful response and the continued contributions to
 Twenty Seventeen. I hear everything you're saying, and every time I work
 with theme customization, I see room for improvement too. But as we're
 close to beta, I want to focus in on what needs to and can be done for
 4.7. And some of these larger issues are out of scope for the theme to
 handle.

 The reality is there are a number of outstanding tickets for the theme,
 and this is something we need to get pinned down and patched before beta.
 Let's draw out what we can bring in, rather than focus what we need to
 have improve in core, then spin a patch from that.

 Like:

 * The code-specific improvements you made are awesome.
 * Iterating on the border design would also be great.

 I know that doesn't cover everything but let's start making plans for 4.8
 now. Let's make some tickets, and look to how we can make themes better
 for all. #37974 is a good one to keep pressure on.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38426#comment:12>