[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding controls (desktop and mobile)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 24 14:26:19 UTC 2016

#27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding
controls (desktop and mobile)
 Reporter:  westonruter              |       Owner:  sirbrilling
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots                        |  javascript
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-patch has-screenshots

Comment:

 I pushed a commit to make the actual button elements 1px square so they're
 focusable on Safari; we'll have to live with 1px misalignments caused by
 the icons.

 See above a demo of this with the latest patch on Twenty Fifteen. The icon
 placement works, but the theme could presumably add some adjustments to
 make it look better. Next steps for the patch:
 - Try putting the buttons within the partial container when possible (when
 it has children elements), and re-add after a selective refresh. Should
 help with alignment with themes with floated partials.
 - Look at possible approaches for icons for empty partials. Related:
 #38114.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27403#comment:86>