[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38426: Twenty Seventeen: Improve user and developer experience with the customizer integration

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 21 09:25:54 UTC 2016

#38426: Twenty Seventeen: Improve user and developer experience with the customizer
integration
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by karmatosed):

 Looking at this there are a few things that strike me.

 - Do we really want to refactor like this to something at this stage that
 is so large and hasn't been user tested? I'd suggest we shouldn't.
 - Front page sections is used as title... are we in this theme now only
 limiting to front page? I thought the current setup allows us to have not
 just front page.
 - The amount of top level options is overwhelming. I am starting to really
 feel we're heading towards a 'Paradox of choice' and again without user
 testing can't be sure.

 I would advise us to not change the UI or UX of the current experience now
 it is in. We can iterate outside in a feature plugin for multi-panel.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38426#comment:4>