[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding controls (desktop and mobile)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 20 20:37:48 UTC 2016

#27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding
controls (desktop and mobile)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:  sirbrilling
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by sirbrillig):

 > One approach is in 27403.9.diff​.

 Nice! Thank you! I think the `animation-delay` should be dropped down from
 `0.8s` to `0.1s` to make it feel more responsive when you click, but
 otherwise that works really well (history: that delay was there to give
 the user a chance to see the preview before the buttons appeared).

 UX-wise I'm still not sure that this method of hiding/showing is very
 discoverable, but I'll leave that decision to the designers among us.
 Here's an animated gif of the current behavior in twentyfifteen. Note that
 my background clicks are hiding/showing the icons.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/ItvHppCoBb.gif)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27403#comment:78>